Hey guys! I thought I would leave you with a good Saturday morning breakfast recipe. I love pancakes so I am always searching better ways to make them instead from the box. These coconut flour pancakes are great because coconut flour is high in fiber, good fats, and protein, and does not contain wheat. I would encourage you guys to not only try these, but to look up other great substitute recipes for pancakes! It’s the best way to find out what you’ll like.
COCONUT FLOUR PANCAKES
Yield: Makes 8-10 – small pancakes
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp cream of tarter
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Cream together the coconut oil and honey. Add the eggs one at a time.
- Add coconut milk and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Add coconut flour. Mix until smooth.
- Lastly add cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Do not over mix. Over mixing will result in the baking agents (cream of tartar & baking soda) not working.
- Use a ladle and pour small amount of batter into a crepe pan with organic butter etc on medium heat.
- Flip once the bottom is light brown. The pancakes will not bubble as much as “regular” pancakes.
- Serve immediately with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup. Enjoy!