I don’t know about you guys, but I thought this week flew by! We are almost in the middle of September. You know what that means right? Fall is here! I am sure you have seen all the pumpkin items coming out as we move into fall weather, so I wanted to share a fun pumpkin treat with you guys. The more we get into the holidays the more the sweet treats start making their way out to the tables. The recipe I have for you guys to try this weekend is Almond Flour Muffins. What is great about these muffins is that not only will they give you a nice warm pumpkin taste, but they are also high in protein, high in fiber, and low in carbohydrates. Hope you all enjoy and have a great weekend!
Almond Flour Muffins
2- 1/2 cups almond flour or almond meal
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
3 large eggs
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
2 T. honey
2 T. coconut oil (melted)
1 tsp. vinegar (white or cider)
Optional flavorings: 1 tsp. extract vanilla, 1 tsp. cinnamon
Optional stir ins: 1 cup of diced apples or 1/2 cup of dried fruit/chopped nuts or seeds
- Preheat oven 350F. Line 10 cups in a standard 12 cup muffin tin with paper or foil liners
- In a larger bowl whisk the almond flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, honey, oil and vinegar, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until blended. Fold in any optional stir ins, if using.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared cups
- Bake for 14-18 minutes until set in centers and golden brown at edges. Let muffins cool and enjoy!