I hope everyone is excited for their weekend! I am excited for you all because I have such a yummy but classic recipe to make this weekend. If you are doing our weight loss program right now this is DEFINITELY something you are going to want to take a look at. The weather is getting nice out and that means let’s break out the grills! This recipe I have for you guys is perfect on the grill. It is Lemon Chicken and Asparagus. It’s filled with good flavor from the garlic to the parsley and it’s one of those dinners that you leave feeling even better than before you ate it. I know today’s weather is a little dreary and too cold for the grill, but Spring is just around the corner with 70 degree weather this Sunday! So get our your best grill gear and try this recipe! Have a great weekend.
- 1 and 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenders
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3-4 lemons
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 pound asparagus
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (IF ON PHASE 2 OF PROGRAM JUST USE LEMON JUICE)
- fresh parsley, 1 lemon for topping
Prep time – 10 min, Cook Time- 20 min
- Lay four 12×12 inch squares of foil out on a flat surface. Place one chicken breasts in the middle of each piece of foil.
- Trim the flat end of the asparagus at 1-2 inches from the end and discard. Cut the remaining spears in half and divided them between the foil packs.
- Thinly slice one of the lemons and divide the slices between the foil packs, tucking the slices in, around, and between the chicken and asparagus.
- Stir together the garlic, juice of the remaining lemon, olive oil, and Italian seasoning. Brush over chicken and asparagus. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and parsley to taste.
- Fold the foil over the chicken and asparagus to close off the pack, pinch the ends together so the pack stays closed.
- Grill over medium-high heat for 7-9 minutes on each side OR bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and asparagus is tender. Serve immediately.