As you are getting ready for New Years Eve I wanted to give you all some good party recipe’s that contain some better substitutes to help you stay on track! I love NYE not only because it’s my wedding anniversary, but also, for the yummy food and snacks that we all put together when having everyone over to watch the ball drop! I will leave you with some of my favorites. Happy New Year!
SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP
- 1 14-oz. can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 10-oz. package frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 c. Greek yogurt
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese, plus more for topping dip
- 1/3 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Chop artichoke hearts into bite-sized pieces. Mix all ingredients together and season with a pinch of salt; pour into a small casserole or oven-safe dish (about 1-quart). Sprinkle the top with extra mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until heated through and the cheese on top is melted. Serve warm with plantain, pita or tortilla chips.
Tomato & Mozzarella Caprese Skewers
1 pint cherry tomatoes
3/4 ounce fresh basil
4 ounces ciliegine (cherry-sized) mozzarella
1 tablespoon pesto or balsamic vinegar, optional
1 to 3 teaspoons olive oil, optional
Flaky salt and freshly ground black pepper
Wash and dry the tomatoes. Fold a large basil leaf around the tomato, then spear on a 4-inch-long skewer or toothpick. Add a mozzarella ball to the toothpick. Repeat.
If desired, whisk the pesto/balsamic vinegar with enough olive oil to form a thin sauce, and drizzle over the skewers. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over them.