This Meatball Zucchini Skillet recipe is an awesome dinner recipe and can be thrown together quickly! I love the flavor from the spices, but feel free to add in any to your taste style! I think this is a great way to mix up different veggies with protein for a different style of dinner. I know for those of you on the weight loss program, it can seem like we are faced with the same meal options over and over to make, but with a little bit of work and some trial and error great recipe’s can be found! The best part about this one is that the ingredients are so simple and can be found anywhere. My advice to you when you get bored with eating the same thing over and over is to search recipes with the ingredients that you like. Pinterest is one of my favorite resources for finding new recipes. Have a great weekend!
Meatball Zucchini Skillet
Makes 3-4 servings
- Grass-fed butter (coconut oil would also work but the butter gives a great flavor)
- 1/2 large onion
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef (if using lean beef you may need to add an egg to hold the meatballs together)
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 2 medium tomatoes
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Put your skillet on medium-high heat.
- Then dice your onions and add them to the skillet with 1-2 tbsp of butter. Saute for around 5 minutes until translucent.
- While the onions are cooking take your grass-fed ground beef and roll them into small 1 1/2 inch balls (we came up with about 20). Add the meatballs to the pan and cook for around 10 minutes, stirring them occasionally, flipping them over to get even cooking, and adding any additional butter if needed to prevent sticking (<< we didn’t need any since our beef had a higher fat content, but if you are using lean ground beef the extra butter may be necessary).
- When the beef is cooking wash and dice up the zucchini and tomatoes. Add those to the skillet next along with the seasonings.
- Place a lid over the skillet and reduce to medium heat. Cook for around 5 minutes then remove the lid, stir and put it back on top of the skillet. We cooked the beef and vegetables for another 5 minutes or so until tender, but keep checking them to see when they are done for you.
- Finally plate up some of the meatballs and vegetables topping with salt and pepper as desired.