Hope you all had a great Fourth of July! If it was anything like mine then it was filled with parades, swimming, and multiple July 4th parties. I love spending time with family and friends because it is always filled with fun, laughter, and good food! I am not afraid to admit that the good food is one of the best parts, but it can also be overwhelming and hard to deal with sometimes. With fried food, to the many desserts available we can sometimes put ourselves into a “food coma.” I wanted to provide you all with some ways to not overwhelm yourself or your stomach during a holiday get together and some ways to recover if it did happen!
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day
- Eat a meal before going to the party
- Stay away from the fried items
- PORTION CONTROL- I understand that it is a holiday and we will splurge a little on foods we don’t normally eat, but make sure to keep your portions small!
- DO NOT deprive your body
- You need good nutrients and you want to eat foods that can help clean out your system
- Load up on veggies (dark leafy greens) and lean meats
- Try juicing for the day with fruits and veggies and protein!
- Water! Water! Water! – Drink plenty of water to keep you hydrated and eliminate any toxins!