So I want to talk to you guys about Coconut EVERYTHING. I have fallen in love and I don’t care who knows it! Coconut oil, coconut flour, coconut aminos; it can’t get better! Coconut is great, but for some reason is a little intimidating to people. Yes it is a saturated fat, but what you don’t know about it, is that the fat is a Lauric acid that is used for energy when your body digests it! There are so many new snacks that include coconut oil and flour ingredients. These are great alternatives for snacks, tortilla wraps, cookies, etc… So now that YOU KNOW, let’s get some coconut recipes going!
Coconut Banana Crepes Recipe
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ banana
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup water
- Mix all the ingredients into a bowl and stir until combined.
- Heat a saucepan with butter or coconut oil over medium heat. Pour out 1/2 cup of the batter into the pan.
- Cook for 2-5 minutes on each side, until golden brown and then flip.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1/2 – 3/4 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 lbs ground meat (grass-fed beef, lamb, buffalo, or organic turkey)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup ORGANIC Ketchup OR Use 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1 small handful fresh herbs (parsley, basil, cilantro, rosemary, tarragon, thyme, sage, or a mix)
- 1 teaspoon your favorite dry spices (ground cumin, sage, oregano, etc.)
- 2 teaspoons liquid coconut aminos (optional)
- 1/3 cup Ketchup (Paleo Ketchup, No-Tomato Ketchup, or your favorite ketchup. (No ketchup? Use the substitution above.)
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper so that it extends over the sides forming handles. (I use office clips on the sides to keep the paper from folding in.)
- In a medium sauté pan, over medium low heat, add the olive oil. Add onions and celery and cook until they are soft but not browned, 10 – 15 minutes.
- Combine the ground meat, eggs, coconut flour, ketchup, herbs, aminos, and nutritional yeast, if using. Add the onions & celery. Mix well. Place in the 9 x 5 baking pan. Spread the ketchup evenly on top.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 160º F. (You can put a pan of hot water in the oven under the meatloaf to keep the top from cracking.) Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Slice and serve hot. It’s also delicious as leftovers in a sandwich or wrap.
Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
(Grain Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free & Nut Free)
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1-1 1/2 Tablespoons Honey or Mayple Syrup
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tablespoons Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 365 degrees.
- Use a blender to mix coconut flour, coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract and salt together.
- Add chocolate chips and mix until chips are evenly distributed in cookie dough.
- Use a round 1/2 tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop out each cookie.
- Place cookies on a cookie sheet. You will have 10-12 small cookies.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes or until they are golden brown. Let cookies cool before removing from the cookie sheet.
- They will crumble if you try to remove them before they are cooled. Serve warm and enjoy!