I am excited for the weekend because I have some amazing grass fed lamb chops waiting to be made! Not only is lamb delicious, but it is good quality protein and filled with vitamins like B12, Iron, and Zinc! I always get my lamb grass fed 100% organic, so be sure to do the same. There are a lot different ways to make lamb chops, but one of the most popular is rosemary garlic. That’s my go to, but I think this weekend I am going to try something different. Mixing up not only your meals, but your recipe is a great way to get in a variety of nutrients which in turn will help you from any acquiring deficiencies. Along with the lamb I think we will be pairing it with brussels and cut potatoes (if you need to sub the potatoes, try mashed cauliflower). The key thing that I truly encourage everyone to do is TRY NEW FOODS. We live in a world that has so much for us to try and we can use this to our benefit or we can never change and who wants that?!?! Guys, try this and have a great weekend!!!
- 12 small Lamb Chops
- 2 T. Olive Oil
- 1 T. Garlic,crushed
- 1 T. Coarse Salt
- 1 t. Coarse Ground Pepper
- BALSAMIC REDUCTION:
- ½ C. Balsamic vinegar
- ½ t. Coarse Salt
- ¼ t. Freshly ground Black Pepper
- 3 T. Brown Sugar
- To make the balsamic reduction:
- In a medium saucepan, pour in the vinegar, salt, pepper, and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to medium. Simmer until the vinegar has reduced by one third to one half and is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Watch closely! If the vinegar and sugar cook too long it will caramelize and become solid. Remove from heat and pour in a small bowl. Let cool. Can be stored in the fridge for up to a month.
- Place the oven on broil.
- Place the lamb chops in a bowl or large ziploc bag. Place the olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in the bowl with the chops and toss well to evenly coat the chops with the seasonings and oil.
- Spread the chops out evenly on a broiling pan, making sure that they are not touching each other.
- Place the pan on the top rack of the oven and broil the chops for about 5 minutes, or until the chops are a deep, golden brown on the side facing up.
- Remove the chops from the oven and turn each one over.
- Place them back in the oven and broil again for about 5 minutes or until the side facing up is the same golden brown as the underside.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle the balsamic glaze over the chops.
- Plate the chops as desired and drizzle additional balsamic glaze over them as desired.