Hope this week is going well for you all. I am enjoying the summer beauty and trying to say the same for the heat. This pregnancy has definitely made me wish that I was by a pool or in the AC 100% of the time. Regardless, I am thankful for how nice it is outside. Of course, because of the pregnancy and the heat I have been increasing my water intake but some days drinking water all day can seem a little bland. With that being said, I wanted to talk to you guys today about how to flavor your water when we start to get bored.
1) Adding fruit to water: Not only does adding fruit to your water make it look great, but it tastes AMAZING and there are so many different mixtures you can try. I love the classic lemon or lime water, but I always use fresh lemons and limes. There are so many different ways to infuse your water though. I will leave you guys with some of my favorite mixes, but don’t be afraid to get creative and try your own!
Add these to a pitcher of water and leave in your fridge overnight to enjoy the next day!
- Lemon, Cucumber, Mint leaves
- Grapefruit, Cucumber, Lime, Rosemary leaves
- Grapefruit and Lemon
- Blueberries, Orange, and Mint leaves
- Strawberries, Lemon, and Mint leaves
2) Adding Stevia to water: Stevia is a natural sweetener extracted from the leaves of the plant Stevia Rebaudiana. We specifically use a brand called Stevita because we have found that stevia can be of different qualities and we love the quality and products that they provide. It is so important to read the ingredients when you shop and look into the quality of what you are consuming. Stevita has many flavors that include peach, strawberry, chocolate, and toffee that can be great additions to your coffee, tea, or water! I love adding it to my water or sparkling water and making my own natural flavor of drinks while staying hydrated.
Water is such an important part of our daily intake not only for how much it makes up our bodies, but because of it’s help in aiding with blood circulation, metabolism, waste removal, and detoxification. These are just a few reasons as to why we need to stay hydrated, but it doesn’t mean we cannot enjoy it and make the process a little more interesting! Hope you all enjoy.
Mention this blog the next time you’re in and get 10% your next Stevia purchase!