Cauliflower is has been a new and upcoming trend in cooking lately and for good reason too! Other than it making a delicious substitute for a pizza crust, and hash browns, cauliflower has some amazing benefits you should know about!
- One serving of cauliflower contains 77 percent of the recommended daily value of vitamin C. It’s also a good source of vitamin k, protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid, potassium, and manganese.
- Cauliflower contains a wealth of anti-inflammatory nutrients to help keep inflammation in check.
- It is also packed full of antioxidants vitamin C and beta-carotene to help provide a good defense system.
- Cauliflower is a good source of choline, a B vitamin known for its role in brain development.
These are a few of the many reasons why either using cauliflower as a substitute for a recipe or eat plain as a good snack can boost you health tremendously. I will leave you guys with one of my favorite recipes!
2 1/2 cups cauliflower, grated (about 1/2 a large head)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, and preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Grate the cauliflower using a box grater until you have two cups of cauliflower crumbles.
- Mix in the egg, one cup mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper. Once combined, pat into a 10-inch round on the prepared pizza pan. Line with coconut/ olive oil and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Top the pizza with the sauce, 1/4 cup mozzarella, and any other favorite toppings!