5 Reasons to Go for a Walk After Eating
If you can find the time, try to make a habit of walking after you eat. It doesn’t have to be more than 15 minutes, which is easily achievable even during a workday lunch break. While walking for such a short duration won’t burn off a sizeable amount of calories, the health benefits abound.
- Walking after a meal is scientifically proven to improve digestion and control blood sugar
- It helps accelerate the rate of digestion
- In people with high blood sugar levels (diabetes, pre-diabetes), walking for 20 minutes after a meal helps take the edge off the blood sugar spike
- Three short walks after each meal are better for blood sugar control than one long walk during the day.
- Walking helps to clear the mind, and improves mood.
Important note: You need to walk after eating, not while you are eating.
Article From Fooducate July Newsletter
KISS Fact- It’s a good idea to find a buddy to go for a walk with, a friend, a neighbor, family members, whoever. Sometimes if you have another person, the two of you hold each other accountable and you both have a better chance to do keep it up. Also you’re helping someone else get healthy, too.