If you’ve been trying to lose weight for a while, you may have tried a food delivery service as a way to conveniently control portions and consume healthy meals. Nutrisystem and Jenny Craig are the best known plans, but there many other meal delivery services out there. While they are very convenient, meal delivery services are not a good idea, for multiple reasons:
- Meal delivery is expensive
- There is limited variety. While at first the selection of meals and snacks seems abundant, after a few weeks or months using a service, it’ll be the same foods all over again
- The meals are often made with highly processed ingredients and preservatives
- Part of losing weight is learning to prepare healthy food by using whole foods as ingredients
- A recent study has shown that people enjoy foods more if they prepare it themselves
Have you utilized a meal delivery service? What has been your experience? Tell us at the office.
KISS Fact: I have been making my own “packaged” dinners for years. The secret is when ever you cook meals always make at least 2-3 extra servings. You can take one for lunch the next day and then freeze the others for later days. How many extra servings you make depends on the size of your family. It is that time of the year for soups and stews, I make a huge pot and have multi servings in containers in my garage fridge. There are always crazy days in the week when you don’t have time to make something and those are the days you grab your frozen dinners and know that you are eating well. Invest in good quality Rubbermaid containers, it makes this process even easier!